My momma says that everybody and their dog blogs. I wasn't writing a single solitary thing, but I'm correcting that right now. When momma got me she named me The Pink Party Poodle for Peace, now I guess I'm The Pink Party Poodle for Peace Pontificating. My pontification of the day is to tell you that the purpose of life is to have fun, hee, hee, and chase lizards. I love to chase lizards--never catch them though, they taste like rotten toes.

I'm Thinking

I'm Thinking

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Horse Named Breeze


That's not a horse, that's me waiting anxiously while Mom, Daughter Darling and Baby Darling stopped at Starbucks for an Arnold Palmer. You know what an Arnold Palmer is? Iced tea and lemonade. Yuck! Doesn’t taste as good as frozen yogurt.
They came out talking about an ad on the wall. A local restaurant, Hana Sushi, is giving some of their profits to help a horse named Breeze have surgery. Beautiful Breeze has a tumor on her ovary, and Villa Chardonnay, Horses with Wings, Sanctuary is going to see that she gets well, but they are asking for help.
Breeze—isn’t that a pretty name? She’s a pretty horse too, I saw her picture. Mom would post one for me, but couldn’t grab it off Villa Chardonnay Horse Rescue’s site.  Villa Chardonnay is not called Chardonnay after a wine, but after a horse named Chardonnay. She was the first horse they rescued in California. She had a bad foot and her owners were going to sell her for $400.00 for slaughter. Villa Chardonnay saved her, X-rayed her foot and found it to be fractured. She lives with them still, and has had some beautiful babies. Her foot seems okay, she was young and growing when they got her, had glucosamine supplements, but no surgery, and now she is even rideable, but they do not do that much. 
You guessed it, the next day my family, without me, ate sushi at Hana Sushi where 30% of the proceeds that night went for Breeze.
 I got some left-over Teriyaki chicken though. Yum—even better than frozen yogurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment