My momma says that everybody and their dog blogs. I wasn't writing a single solitary thing, but I'm correcting that right now. When momma got me she named me The Pink Party Poodle for Peace, now I guess I'm The Pink Party Poodle for Peace Pontificating. My pontification of the day is to tell you that the purpose of life is to have fun, hee, hee, and chase lizards. I love to chase lizards--never catch them though, they taste like rotten toes.

I'm Thinking

I'm Thinking

Friday, July 27, 2012

Who Eats Carrots?

I, Peaches, am sharing information. It is second handed, but Mom told me, and I trust Mom to tell the truth.  She asked me who eats carrots, and I immediately remembered that horses loooove carrots. Not me, I don’t like carrots. Rabbits do. Rodents do, but polar bears?

Naaugh.

Yes they do.

 I wouldn’t have believed it unless Mom saw it with her own two eyes. I didn’t see a polar bear for Mom won’t take me to the Zoo. Don’t know why, just think of all the things I could chase, come to think of it maybe that’s the reason she won’t take me.

Okay, my family stood outside the polar bear area, watching through the glassed-in enclosure, and low and behold, one polar bear had a basket of carrots, and she was pulling them out and munching away on them—not just using like dog raw-hide chewer, but eating them.

Another bear was in the water holding a carrot between his paws and gnawing away. Who would have thought?


The San Diego Zoo has introduced another astounding thing, and that is the pairing of dogs with cheetahs and dogs with wolves. That is one cheetah and one dog. The dog and cheetah are born about the same time. They grow up together, and are Best Buds. They play together, live together, eat together. They take walks together around the Zoo with a keeper. They go on Ambassador Trips, and the dog sets the tone for the wild one. When the dog is relaxed so is the wild one. And we know dogs looove people. I do. I looove my person.


News from me,
Peaches

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'd love to have a cheetah companion to run with! Maybe a small one (big animals scare me). I think we would run fast together. Have you seen my ID tag? It has a cheetah image on it. Momma got it at the San Diego Wild Animal Park just before she got me!

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete